PROPOSALS AND EXHIBITION GUIDELINES – Gallery 2017
Following a very successful year of exhibitions at the Depot Artspace we are inviting proposals for exhibitions, events and festivals at the Depot Artspace galleries in 2017. We already have exciting exhibitions lined up for the rest of the year ahead, its going to be a fabulous year!
The Depot Artspace’s philosophy, creating an environment which encourages creating, is brought to life by the approach we hold in regard to exhibiting work. We are looking for proposals from artists with a strong cohesive body of work who are committed and want to attract and engage their audience, ensuring the success of the exhibition.
The Depot offers a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals who will work closely with you to help you make your exhibition a success. Gallery rental includes the following services:
- Consultation prior to your exhibition.
- Advice on marketing strategy and audience engagement.
- Pricing advice and sales support.
- Guidance on installation and set up.
- Email invitation to our mailing list of over 2,500 database.
- Listing in LOUD magazine.
- Details of your exhibition on our website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Listings on Eventfinda, Artsdiary, Art News, Who Arted? (bFM), The Big Idea, The Flagstaff and more.
- Professional staff invigilation of the gallery six days a week. Sundays and public holidays are the responsibility of exhibiting artists.
For 2017 we are offering opportunities to configure the space to create flexibility of use. It will enable artists to split the main space or take over the entire gallery, all prices are in the proposal form. For further information or any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Amber Lamana, Gallery Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you with regards to your exhibition in 2017.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL: Download a proposal form HERE (.doc format) fill in all of the fields and email it to email@example.com
- Given the number of exhibition proposals we receive, not all applications can be accepted. Acceptance or not will be given on the information you provide in the proposal. If accepted, details such as costs, dates and exhibition duration will be covered in your contract.
- All exhibitors at Depot Artspace Galleries must be members of Depot Artspace. If you propose a group exhibition/event, all people involved are required to become Depot members. Membership is per annum.
- Exhibitions of works where sales are not anticipated (installations, performance-based or video works) are also welcomed but under different conditions.
Spaces Available/Rental Costs:
$575 (including GST) per week plus $100 bond refundable on conclusion of exhibition. Student rate: $500 (including GST).
Gallery Split or Shared
This allows artists to share the Gallery and exhibit together or divide the space into two. Please contact us for gallery rental rates and more info on the spaces available at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ART ROOM – Applications Welcome For 2017
At school the art room was usually the most popular place to visit. While other class rooms were spare and regimented the art room was a bright rabble of incomplete artworks pinned to paint spattered walls, and brushes stored in old agee jars on big work tables. The freedom and energy was palpable and the work that came out of the art room was mostly unique if random, and occasionally inspired. All artists must have begun and grown in this way. From the colourful chaos of pre-school through to secondary school and perhaps beyond to the tertiary studio, the art room has always been a feature of discovery and practice.
In establishing The Art Room, a new retail salon-style gallery, the Depot wants to capture the sense of vibrancy that these places manifest and to become a destination for visitors keen to discover and engage diverse new work. While eclectic and lively, The Art Room will be a curated space that ensures exhibited work is featured to its best advantage.
The Art Room offers artists the opportunity to exhibit from one to three works, available for immediate purchase. It will enable exhibitors to maintain a relationship with their previous purchasers, to build a relationship with new audiences, to gauge interest in a new theme they may be developing and to have a profile and an outlet for sales apart from a full exhibition.
TO SUBMIT WORKS: please click on the icon below, read our criteria and fill out an application. Email it to email@example.com
POCKET GALLERY – Applications Welcome
The Pocket Gallery is a Depot Artspace initiative showcasing high quality, handmade art, craft and design. As the name suggests, our focus is on small objects at affordable prices. This is a curated gallery with works selected through a simple submission process.