PROPOSALS AND EXHIBITION GUIDELINES – Gallery 2018
The Depot Artspace is excited to have a full exhibition programme for the remainder of 2017. We are still happy to review proposals and will provide feedback on any received. We have currently not planned our 2018 programme, so any proposal received for 2018 will not be confirmed until after July of this year.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL: Download a proposal form HERE (.doc format) fill in all of the fields and email it to email@example.com
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If your application is incomplete, you will be contacted and asked to complete the application.
- Given the number of exhibition proposals we receive, not all applications can be accepted. Acceptance or not will be given on the information you provide in the proposal. If accepted, details such as costs, dates and exhibition duration will be covered in your contract.
- All exhibitors at Depot Artspace Galleries must be members of Depot Artspace. If you propose a group exhibition/event, all people involved are required to become Depot members. Membership is per annum.
- Exhibitions of works where sales are not anticipated (installations, performance-based or video works) are also welcomed but under different conditions.
2017 Gallery Rental Costs (subject to change in 2018):
$500 (incl GST) per week + $100 bond refundable on conclusion of exhibition.
Gallery Split or Shared
$275 (incl GST) for the front half the gallery + $50 bond refundable on conclusion of exhibition.
$225 (incl GST) for the back half of the gallery + $50 bond refundable on conclusion of exhibition.
This allows artists to share the Gallery and exhibit together or divide the space into two.
Benefits for Members/Exhibitors
The Depot Artspace’s philosophy, creating an environment which encourages creating, is brought to life by the approach we hold in regard to exhibiting work. We are looking for proposals from artists with a strong cohesive body of work who are committed and want to attract and engage their audience, ensuring the success of the exhibition.
The Depot offers a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals who will work closely with you to help you make your exhibition a success.
Gallery rental includes the following services:
- Consultation prior to your exhibition.
- Advice on marketing strategy and audience engagement.
- Pricing advice and sales support.
- Guidance on installation and set-up.
- Email invitation to our mailing list of over 2,500 database.
- Details of your exhibition on our website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Listings on Eventfinda, Artsdiary, Art News, Who Arted? (bFM), The Big Idea, The Flagstaff, our magazine LOUD and more.
- Professional staff invigilation of the gallery six days a week. Sundays and public holidays are the responsibility of exhibiting artists.
THE ART ROOM – Applications Welcome For 2017
In establishing The Art Room, a retail salon-style gallery, the Depot wants to capture a sense of vibrancy and to become a destination for visitors keen to discover and engage diverse new work. While eclectic and lively, The Art Room is a curated space that ensures exhibited work is featured to its best advantage.
POCKET GALLERY – Applications Welcome for 2017
The Pocket Gallery is a curated retail space showcasing high-quality, original art, craft and design. As the name suggests, our focus is on small objects at affordable prices. In order to maintain a constant turnover of diverse quality work we have identified a number of criteria important to both the Depot and our audience.
- Members may apply to exhibit in either the Art Room or the Pocket Gallery through a simple application process.
- If you are not yet a member, please ensure to fill out the membership form as part of your application.
- Please ensure you thoroughly read the criteria and conditions for exhibiting at the Depot before applying.
- The application form details how to submit an application and the application process.
TO APPLY: Download an application form HERE (.doc format) complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org